Suffer.

garrett

Re: Hadcore mode for all

Post by garrett »

Mew,

wedex

Post by wedex »

maybe lower corpse decaying rate, confirmation message if a player corpse is about to be buried, enable speak with dead to open a channel (otherwise the character still just wails) and maybe grant some xp to the rezer

wedex

Post by wedex »

also portable coffins

diego

Post by diego »

cackles

fluffy

Post by fluffy »

wedex wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 17:46

maybe lower corpse decaying rate, confirmation message if a player corpse is about to be buried, enable speak with dead to open a channel (otherwise the character still just wails) and maybe grant some xp to the rezer

Is not for the compromising, is for the pain.

uriel

Post by uriel »

Take with a grain of salt - discussion points only for those that like such things :)

Why PK was good in early days SG -- fewer barriers to competition, fast speed of play, clarity of who was on which team.

What killed the early days PK fun? Sneaky evil, high mortal status (i.e. protecting oldsters from newcomers), slower speed of play -- language barriers, adjectives/recognition, no memory deaths, etc.

Suggestions for hardcore mode (granted not everyone will like this -- but food for thought!!)

1) Get rid of sneaky evil. No hidden alignment, no hidden undead, no racial languages, all players recognized with real names, all kills remembered, all players with real name on who list. Sneaky evil is just an attempt to avoid retaliation for PK and to avoid playing true alignment. In D&D evil is real, intrinsic, and manifest - it’s what you are not just what you do. City guards should go away and temples should not be safe spaces. If you want to protect a city or temple, PK the offender, that's a player job :) !!

2) Increase speed of play. No KO, only death on negative HP :) KO just gives players an attempt to waste the other players time through jailing or restrict play through wounding. It’s a waste of time that slows down play. Just go straight to death , that’s hardcore :)

wedex

Post by wedex »

TT is hardcore mode, if ure good u usually have friend to rez you, if u're evil... u usually get rez if u r useful.
alignement imo should be hidden, thats why paladins have detect evil at will and everyone hates paladins :D https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0202.html
and about "avoid playing true alignement" any smart creature would act normally until the time is right

also rp is an important factor, there is stuff as unite vs greater evil, or help the goodies so the make the hard work for you. alignement doesnt represent being on a team, just the behavior of characters

the KO is there in TT, i know SG is not literally TT but the KO represents being harmed beyond your body resistance and you could recover from that eventually or just die. in a world with magic, recovering from that threshold is easy, but thats how the TT rules work.

i think that the issue is that evil players could be all like shiny happy people holding hands but thats how evil palyers survive until they r discovered or become strong enough.

uriel

Post by uriel »

wedex wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 19:47

thats why paladins have detect evil at will and everyone hates paladins

Again grain of salt -- just some thoughts for discussion --

100% agree with you there Wedex :) What I was referring to regarding hidden evil are spells and abilities like "conceal alignment" that let an evil pretend to have a good alignment. Paladin should win 100% but what you have now is that high level casters can basically fool everyone. Likewise vampires hiding their undead nature from things like paladins doesn't make any sense either.

FWIW -- long ago I had a paladin PC and I did a detect evil on a PC I was just meeting. The wiz (Ts? N?) got pissed and actually removed the detect evil ability from paladins :) She was mad because a sneaky evil had just been revealed :) My view is -- tough shit that's D&D -- but that's just how things went. Note-- we used to have detect evil but it was removed and it is STILL GONE! Like seriously - D&D with no detect evil boggle

Anyways TL;DR -- you get a better, faster PK game with no KO and no 'conceal alignment' type stuff. Also clarifying who is on what team with detect evils is helpful.

ashra

Post by ashra »

Paladins, along with Crypt Stalkers, have the Detect Undead spell. I don't see any reason why we couldn't add detect evil.

wedex

Post by wedex »

wtf... sorry, i didnt knew paladins cant DE anymore, i just assumed as thats how it works in TT
well paladins are LG and its their job to vanquish evil, and it should be protocol to test everyone u met and act accordingly.
pfsrd has undetectable alignement but casting DE on top of that should make the caster think why it returned 0 xD

i have also seen in combat_d that align weapon targets alignment and not true alginment, imo it should be changed to truealignement.

lets make another threat to rebalance the alignment stuff

garrett

Post by garrett »

wedex wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 19:47

i think that the issue is that evil players could be all like shiny happy people holding hands but thats how evil palyers survive until they r discovered or become strong enough.

Like this guy!