[DONE] Hearthstone

You newer know what might be liked

Moderators: elder, overseer, arch, avatar, creator

balur

[DONE] Hearthstone

Post by balur » 11 Sep 2019, 18:48

Kismet and I were discussing our mutual dislike for areas that trap you until you either figure them out or die and how negative an impact it can have on people with less available playtime and their ability to explore certain locations. Due to this issue which I think we have all dealt with at some point or another in our sg careers I would like to suggest adding a hearthstone like object to sg.

For those not familiar in World of Warcraft a hearthstone was a long cooldown item that let you recall to an area it was keyed to for convenience. This was usually used to go back to an inn before log out when our exploring. I think having a similar item purchasable from churches could be beneficial. This would bypass teleportation warded areas to let people escape for a safe log out if they run out of time.

It could be set to not work in combat and have a long cooldown timer to prevent abuse but it could encourage people to explore places you cannot normally escape and make it easier on parties when a single person needs to drop out the rest of the party doesn’t have to worry about abandoning them to log in to their death later.
diego

Re: Hearthstone

Post by diego » 11 Sep 2019, 18:53

That would take a lot of sting out of the Oubliette. When I made the lizard man area I made sure to provide a way to water and feed yourself. Yeah the mushrooms are disgusting and the pool of water looks scary, but still...
ilmarinen

Post by ilmarinen » 11 Sep 2019, 19:15

You know you can kill yourself, right?.. I mean your character can <kill OWN_NAME>. you will be prompted with "Relly relly kill self"?.. And if you type in "yes", you get a free teleport to any church in the realm.
This issue already had been "discussed" on this forum viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8, nobody but Mewlic answered:(

But if you mean some object you can BUY for MONEYS, then mebbe mebbe... Prepared one gets to live, others must kill themselves.
balur

Post by balur » 11 Sep 2019, 19:21

Yes, I was thinking it could be purchased in churches and brings you back to whatever church you purchased it from. Discounts for the faithful maybe?
diego

Post by diego » 11 Sep 2019, 19:31

Sounds like the thief smokebomb...no cooldown, single use
ilmarinen

Post by ilmarinen » 11 Sep 2019, 20:03

Implemented, check stores for bloodshards.