Magical Crafting INT requirment

You newer know what might be liked

Moderators: elder, overseer, arch, avatar, creator

Magical Crafting INT requirement?

Yes - Add intelligence requirement to craft magical equipment feat with goal of promoting player trading
33%
No - Keep it the same so any character can craft magical equipment as long as they buy the feat
67%

Total votes: 6
yves

Magical Crafting INT requirment

Post by yves » 02 Nov 2019, 21:02

Should the craft magical equipment feat require a minimum intelligence score to be able to buy?
diego

Re: Magical Crafting INT requirment

Post by diego » 02 Nov 2019, 21:09

I think my yes vote goes to making int be able to add to crafting from the normal limits it has now. Everyone should be able to take the feat, but Int can make better things.
beshaba

Post by beshaba » 02 Nov 2019, 21:34

I disagree with making it a requirement, as there are plenty of rp reasons for someone to be able to craft powerful items without needing to be book smart.
kismet

Post by kismet » 02 Nov 2019, 22:11

I agree with Beshaba. Additionally, I think intelligent characters have enough benefits over less intelligent characters as it is(healing and herbalism, scrolls, wands, expertise feat tree etc.).

How does your suggestion promote trading? Doesn't it just make less intelligent characters dependent on more intelligent characters?

An alternative suggestion to promote trading would be to lower the level requirement on creating enchanted stuff by one bracket (+1 at lvl 7) to make it more accessible at low- to mid-level and then limit each character to one craft only. Another suggestion would be to allow those without the magical crafting feat to spend the skill points elsewhere, which would make the feat rarer and the gear more valuable.
beshaba

Post by beshaba » 03 Nov 2019, 01:07

Diego, the vote isn't about giving an int-based bonus. It's about requiring a player to have a certain int before even being able to take the feat
diego

Post by diego » 03 Nov 2019, 01:15

OH I thought this was Yves conducting a vote. My 2 cents are as they are, I think all should be able to get it and int should play a part in the strength.