You newer know what might be liked

Moderators: avatar, creator

nienne

Re: Racial Parity - Vote!

Post by nienne »

odin wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 17:20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

That's the table, or rather will be the table when I'm done with it. I would appreciate help filling in the CURRENT columns. If you want to help me do this, please send me your gmail over discord or something so I can give you edit rights.

Nice work! I didn't pick through all in detail, but at least skimmed a few and they look fairly solid. Even if it's a case of picking through minor tweaks later, that's easy enough to do.

odin

Post by odin »

Thanks N, that's the purpose of this. Minor tweaks are to be handled later, this is a vote on the overall idea which I will take to law for approval.

chernobog

Post by chernobog »

The only argument I can see against Deva or Shade prc is that it would prohibit them from getting an actual prc. But those details, or other means of representing those races, can be focused on in a later iteration. I like where the bulk of this race balancing is going.

ilmarinen

Post by ilmarinen »

Deva/Shade won't be a prc, but template path is not yet closed for them.

ilmarinen

Post by ilmarinen »

I'm puting a hard yes on this vote.
Attempts to solve many little pieces of math on resulted in more chaos and threads you just have to trace, including old negative levels, which are now just disabled to 'fix' them, level adjustment scaling bugs (equipment +), prc layout.. Along with 10-level step mechanics this one of serious bottlenecks we currently have.

odin

Post by odin »

Does hard yes means it's happening or that vote should continue?

nienne

Post by nienne »

ilmarinen wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 01:30

Attempts to solve many little pieces of math on resulted in more chaos and threads you just have to trace, including old negative levels, which are now just disabled to 'fix' them, level adjustment scaling bugs (equipment +), prc layout.. Along with 10-level step mechanics this one of serious bottlenecks we currently have.

A+

The number of fights I've had with back-end code over the current system... I will not miss :P

garrett

Post by garrett »

nienne wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 05:33
ilmarinen wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 01:30

A+

The number of fights I've had with back-end code over the current system... I will not miss :P

...I got my workflow worked out, three window monte, but it works.

garrett

Post by garrett »

nienne wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 00:10
titania wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 16:03

I think making shade and deva a prc like somebody suggested above is a great idea. Especially so with shades since shade-ness is a "gift" bestowed upon the most worthy. It's always been awkward that the greatest people they could come up with are level 0 nobody's.

Wow. I love this idea.

Shade is conferred on the greatest of minions, at least L20 here makes so much sense. Deva is supposedly also a reward for being a champion of light, no? So that would work too.

These could then be written to confer powerful benefits as per any other prestige class, and keep in line with the essence of these characters.

Super love this idea :)

Lore idea:

Since you've decided to better the world / enforce your will on it, you're forced by the society to give up your power, and you can gradually gain it back, though the rulers will never completely trust you again.

garrett

Post by garrett »

Also forgive me, I merged the Racial Parity stuff.

ilmarinen

Post by ilmarinen »

On the bright side, I can ignore annoying pms and just blame garrett now.

Vote closed without consensus.

odin

Re: [DONE-ish] Racial parity

Post by odin »

Does this mean I'm cleared to start altering the races now?

nienne

Post by nienne »

Sounds like it!

odin

Post by odin »

Yeah there are a few things to tweak and some things waiting on code support, but 99% of it is done. Hooray to the death of LA.

nienne

Post by nienne »

odin wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 23:09

Yeah there are a few things to tweak and some things waiting on code support, but 99% of it is done. Hooray to the death of LA.

Nice work! Won't miss it... heh.